Contact Us Today
Practice Areas» Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
» Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
» Problems With Mortgage Modification
» Credit Card Debt
» Auto Loans
» Creditor Harassment
» Wage Garnishments
» Life After Bankruptcy
» Bankruptcy FAQs
» Alternatives to Bankruptcy
» Changes in New York Exemption Laws
Instruction Essays» What You Should Bring To Your First Meeting With Ehrlich Law Firm, P.C.
» Keys to Success In Chapter 13
» Chapter 13 Instructions
» Chapter 7 Instructions
Troy Personal Bankruptcy Attorneys
Albany Wage Garnishment Attorneys
At Ehrlich Law Firm, P.C., in Troy, New York, your personal bankruptcy will receive personal attention from our lawyers. We offer free initial consultations to individuals who have participated in mandatory credit counseling. Please contact us online or call us today at 518-272-2110 if you would like to discuss any of the following:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: Chapter 7 bankruptcy is debt liquidation bankruptcy. Your debt will be eliminated when your creditors are paid through the proceeds from your assets.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a debt repayment plan. You will enter into an approved payment plan that will take place over a three-to-five-year timeframe.
- Mortgages: If you are in danger of losing your home to foreclosure, bankruptcy filing can stop the foreclosure action and allow you to keep your home.
- Problems with mortgage modifications: Before you involve yourself in a mortgage modification, you should be aware of the potential issues and how choosing bankruptcy instead of a modification can help.
- Taxes: Do you owe local, state or federal taxes? Talk to our attorneys today. We understand the complex rules governing bankruptcy and back taxes.
- Credit card debt: Credit card debt is the most common reason for filing bankruptcy. You can obtain relief from your credit card debt, and you can begin the process today.
- Auto loans: Are you worried about being able to keep your car during bankruptcy? It is possible to avoid car repossession. Talk to us to learn more.
- Stop creditor harassment: Once a bankruptcy is filed, creditors can no longer contact you. This can be a welcome relief for people who were afraid to get the mail, answer their phones or answer the door.
- Stop wage garnishment: Once you are notified that a garnishment may be occurring in the future, it is important to take action. We can work to prevent a garnishment or stop wage garnishment that is already taking place.
- Life after bankruptcy: Are you curious to know what your life will be like after bankruptcy? Here are some quick facts: You will in all likelihood be able to get another credit card, buy a home in the future, save your current home from foreclosure and keep your car.
- Bankruptcy FAQs: Can I file bankruptcy a second time? How long do I have to wait to do so? Will I lose all my property? We answer these questions and more.
- Alternatives to bankruptcy: Our firm advises you to be very careful when choosing a credit counseling agency. Many of these so-called agencies are merely phony operations that can leave you with even greater financial problems. Do your research and choose a reputable agency. We can recommend Consumer Credit Counseling of Central New York.
Contact Our Troy Personal Bankruptcy Lawyers
We are happy to talk with you about any of your Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy questions. Call our law firm at 518-272-2110 to arrange your free consultation. You can also contact us online.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.